Thursday, August 7, 2008

Negative Ease

In knitting, the right amount of negative ease can be a good thing. Certain sweaters rely on negative ease for proper fitting, for example:


(Yosemite from Knitty Spring '08~this one has 7 inches of negative ease).

Socks are another area where negative ease can be a good thing (better to fit into your shoes, m'dear).

However, negative ease in one's life? Not so good. When you feel the squeeze in your time, energy (mental or physical) or finances, it can be worrisome. And when you feel that squeeze in all areas? Well, something has to give. And in my case it was knitting & computer time, so I guess it's okay that I haven't had time to blog, 'cause there wasn't much knitting to talk about.

Things are starting to ease up though, the parental units are moved, I'm working less, and the cat (Callisto~the big guy) is doing better. Which is a relief. And in a fit of wild exuberance over said relief, I may have done something, umm, foolish? Undoable (for me anyway)? Bit off more than I can chew?

So what is this that I have committed to? Nothing less than starting *and* finishing the Lotus Blossom Tank:

(Interweave Knits Summer 2006)

during the Olympics. Cast on date: August 8~finishing date: August 18. Okay, skip foolish etc. The correct term I believe is, insane. Going to try though.




Liza {who's very used to the precarious position she can find herself in as she jumps into a project with both feet, while flying by the seat of her pants}

4 comments:

aunty tink said...

Go Liza Go!
I didn't sign up for the knitting Olympics so I can now be the knitting cheerleader.
You can do it! Knit Faster!
Give us a "L"

knittinggrammy said...

I can cheer right beside Marilyn....go Liza go....give me an "I"

Anonymous said...

You can totally do it, and it will be so cute... Besides, you don't need sleep in the short term, so you have twice as much time as you thought you did last night!

Annie said...

did you finish?