Sunday, July 13, 2008

Once More Into the Breach

Or at least the living room. Seems the house shaking project is underway once more. It's slow going, but I can now see the trunk (which serves as a coffee table) for the first time in months. There's still a bit more to move and at some point I'll probably re-organize the stuff that I've moved down stairs, but for now it's fine.


There is one slight (okay, fairly large) hitch in this whole program. The Ikea in Calgary is out of these:
And that's the main storage piece for the new studio area. Which means I won't be able to finish organizing that area any time soon~arrrrggghhh!

Oh well, moving on. On to knitting that is. Haven't been knitting quite as much as I usually do, this summer seems unusually busy, what with (gasp) working and Mom and Dad moving and then just the usual extra work in the yard. However, a Doctor Who marathon last weekend with the members of the Dork Squad (some of whom actually post over there) gave me the opportunity to work on Thermal.



This one might be done for Fall/Winter 2010. Yeah, dense stitch patterns over 268 stitches on 2.5 mm needles in fingering weight yarn. do not make for a quick knits. I do like it though. And I think I'll end up getting a lot of use out of it.

Liza {who's just discovering what unused muscles were called into play today during the house shaking process~owwwwwie!}

No comments: