Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Not Talking

Or rather, not writing much because, honestly, there's not much to talk about. There's no knitting talk, as my knitting has slowed waaaaayyy down due to a couple of bigger non-knitting projects I'm working on. And I don't want to talk about the bigger projects either. The first is because it's a super secret project (in other words, if it ends up looking like something one of the cats left in the litter box, I want to be able to deny all knowledge of it). The second project involves taking my house and turning it upside down and giving it a good shake. The process of which is interesting to me, but is totally boring for anyone else, especially without pictures to illustrate (really must figure out the camera/computer thing).


The one thing I have been doing that I can/will talk about is shopping. And can I say I have mixed feelings about that endeavor? Shopping at places like Out of Hand where one can purchase things like this pattern:

Or this:

Well, that's my idea of a good time. And going to HMV to pick up Series One of Torchwood, well that's a pretty good option too. However, shopping for pants. Not so much. One day I will find the perfect combo of thigh/butt/waist/leg size and length, but today was not that day. I did end up with a couple of pairs from Eddie Bauer at a fairly reasonable price (not as reasonable as someone else found though) so it's all good.

Liza {who notes and when she does find those illusive perfect pants, the style will promptly be discontinued}

2 comments:

knittinggrammy said...

But at least you found some!!

granolagirl said...

Love the patterns you picked up, maybe one day I'll be a good enough seamstress to do something like the likes of these (I'll have a wonderful teacher so I'm sure I will).

I have problems with pants too. I have found one store (American Eagle) that fits my measurements and makes a short size I don't have to get hemmed. Good luck finding your perfect pants store.

P.S. Getting really excited for sewing lessons