Saturday, March 1, 2008

Falling Apart

No not me (or at least not me this time), but rather this house. This time we have plumbing issues. Sigh. This means I'm going to have to venture into manland to buy fixtures. And since I have no freakin' clue how to chose such things, I'll have to throw myself on the mercy of the folks there. Fun times.


So what does this have to do with knitting you ask? Well, more than you might expect. In fine ostrich type behaviour, I've been doing my best to avoid thinking about said plumbing issues all week. And since said issues are least evident when one is sitting on the couch in the family room with the TV on, that is exactly where my butt has been planted. So, prime knitting time.


This Friday, M1 hosted a Leap Year party and one of the activities was a mini sock exchange and my contribution to the exchange was one of this week's plumbing avoidance activities. These little goobers (shown below) are just so cute and a really quick knit. That is, if you don't have gauge issues and end up knitting more than one. Not that I'd know about that personally, uh un.





Oh and BTW, I may have figured out away around my picture/camera/computer issues and there may (or may not) be pictures of my actual sock exchange socks coming soon (both the one I made and I received).



Of course, that little sock would not have taken all my attention this week, so I've also been working on my second Wrap Sweater:


(I'm using Malabrigo Worsted in Tuareg for this one)


I'd left off at the point where you divide for the sleeves and as of last night it's now just a few rows from the cast off at the bottom of the body. I hope to get to the sleeves by the end of the weekend.


Or not, as the weekend is a bit busy. There's the trip to manland to contend with (yeah, there goes several hours I'm sure). And the other Vegetable Sister is coming over today to help with the "turn the house upside down" project. Speaking of which, I should wrap this up and go prepare for that.

Liza {who really doesn't do mornings well~it's almost 11 am and she's still in her jammies}


No comments: